Creating the future...
Do you want to build a career at one of the fastest growing companies in the South West?
We are more than just a bus company. We are first and foremost a people business responsible for the transport to and from the largest construction project in Europe.
We recruit positive, flexible and friendly staff to ensure that our customers have the best possible experience. We pride ourselves on top customer service, punctuality and adaptability, helping our customers get to the right place at the right time.
The one thing people often say when they choose to come and work at SPS is how people centred our business really is. From the welcome you receive at induction, to the benefits and opportunities to grow your skills, knowledge and experience.
Excellent training opportunities
We are committed to our aim of leaving a lasting legacy by providing all staff with further development and training opportunities during their time at SPS. We work in collaboration with Bridgwater and Taunton College and EDF Energy to provide access to nationally accredited training courses, ensuring staff are trained to the highest possible standards. Our teams also receive regular job chats or appraisals.
We strive to build a positive culture at SPS and to make employees feel valued, working towards a common goal, succeeding together and going home at the end of day feeling fulfilled. Driver, controller, working in the office or a manager, everyone works together as one team to deliver fantastic results.
Equal Opportunities and Diversity
We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Health and Wellbeing
First and foremost, we are a people business at SPS, so the health and wellbeing of our team is absolutely paramount. We work hard to promote a culture of good health and wellbeing in all kinds of ways including:
- Having a Health & Wellbeing Committee who meet regularly to offer a programme of events and activities to encourage a positive sense of wellbeing.
- Creating a positive working environment where we support and look out for our colleagues as friends.
- Carrying out an annual health and wellbeing survey so that we can see what we need to improve on and take the appropriate actions to make things better for our teams.
- Supporting flexible working and a good work-life balance.
- Providing access to on-site 24/7 occupational health where our colleagues can get advice and support on medical issues.
- Providing annual health checks for all our operations team.
- Encouraging our teams to thrive and reach their potential through self-learning and development on our learning management system and distance learning courses, as well as through our own development pathways and bespoke training programmes.
- Providing coaching for managers to help them bring out the best in our people.
- Having a team of Mental Health First Aiders who are available to support colleagues and discuss any issues openly and confidentially without stigma.
- Providing all colleagues with access to our free, Employee Assistance Programme, giving them the opportunity to deal with any health and wellbeing issues using their confidential helpline and face to face counselling.
- Recognising and rewarding our colleagues for their hard work through our SPS Star of the Month scheme.
We do all this because when we feel our best, we can work safely and perform at our best. One team supporting each other.
Find out more
Find out more about what its like to work at SPS and what vacancies we currently have on offer by clicking the links below: