Never driven a coach but interested in becoming a Driver?
If you have great people and customer service skills – we can teach you the rest!
Watch our video below to hear about Izzy’s experience of joining SPS as a Trainee Driver and find out what she is doing now.
We have colleagues who have joined us from all kinds of jobs across all industries and sectors including:
Healthcare, Retail, Warehousing, Hospitality, Delivery Driving, Uniformed Services (eg Police & HM Forces), Finance, Security – the list is endless.
Bored of your current job or the same four walls? Stuck in a rut? No opportunity to progress? Been a full time parent or carer and looking to get back into employment? Just leaving college or uni? Looking to semi retire?
Then apply to join our friendly and supportive team and take your first step to a new career today!
As one of our Drivers, you will be transporting the workforce from local areas to HPC (Hinkley Point C) which is one of the largest constructions sites in Europe. Our expert driver trainers will be with you every step of the way providing ongoing support, development, and training.
A summary of benefits:
- Fully paid training provided for your PCV/PSV licence and CPC training at £9.74 per hour
- Pay once qualified – £11.27 per hour increasing to £11.57 per hour after 6 months and £12.91 after 12 months
- Night shift premium (between the hours 2200hrs – 0600hrs)
- Pension – 5% contributory pension matched by us
- Employee Rewards scheme (retailer discounts)
- Free bus travel & reduced rail travel
- Employee Life Cover
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Accredited customer service qualification + other courses/training available
- Annual pay review linked to retail price index
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have a full manual UK licence which you have held for a minimum of 12 months
- Are aged 18 or over
- Have fantastic customer service and people skills
- Can be flexible with working hours
Please note – All employees must be willing to undergo Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and obtain a DBS certificate. This standard is designed to provide a level of assurance as to the honesty, integrity and values of individuals who are required to work at a Nuclear Licenced Site, or who may have access to sensitive nuclear information.
Somerset Passenger Solutions welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
If you want a new career that offers great benefits and job satisfaction, becoming a Bus/Coach Driver for Somerset Passenger Solutions could be the perfect match for you.
Click the button below for full details and to apply.
If you have any questions please do get in contact with our Recruitment Team at email@example.com or call us on 07936 370683.